- Ontology Engineering. 10 credits, BSc in CS Honours course, 2014, 2015, 2016. (roughly block I and II of these lecture notes).
- Networks (part of CSC3002F, 3rd year BSc in CS core module; Masters in IT), semester 1, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Social Issues and Professional Practice [Ethics] (part of CSC1016S; 1st year CS course), semester 2, 2016. HTML version of the SIPP background reader
- Current postgraduate students:
- Joan Byamugisha (PhD student, supervisor, 2015-)
- Zubeida Khan (PhD student, supervisor; 2014-)
- Yamiko Msosa (PhD student, supervisor; 2014-)
- Zola Mahlaza (MSc student, supervisor; 2016-)
- Jarvis Mutakha (MSc, supervisor; 2017-)
- Cameron Kyle (M. IT, supervisor; 2017-)
- Iman Neguib (M. IT, supervisor; 2017-)
- Convenor: 1st-year course convenor (CSC1015F, CSC1016S)
Graduated postgraduate students
- Sindiso Nleya (PhD CS, 2014-2016)
- Tresor Mvumbi (MSc CS; 2014-2016)
- Tamindran Shunmugam (M. IT, 2014-2016)
- Nasubo Ongoma (MSc CS, 2013-2014; cum laude)
- Zubeida Khan (MSc CS, 2012-2013, cum laude); currently a PhD student at UCT
- BSc CS (Honours) projects:
- 2016: Kieren Davies, Ameerah Allie
- 2015: Lauren Sanby, Ion Todd, Victor Kabine, Dylan Henderson, Luqmaan Salie, Ngonidzashe Choga (currently a MSc student at UCT)
- 2014: Alex Hall, Matthew Welham
- 2013: Asive Dlaba, Siyabonga Madlala
- 2011: Zubeida Khan (with distinction); graduated with a MSc cum laude from UKZN in the meantime
- 2009: Giorgio Stefanoni; graduated with a PhD from Oxford in the meantime
- Ontologies and Knowledge Bases (COMP720; used to be COMP718 in 2011 and 2012). 16 credits BSc in CS Honours (4th year) course, 2011, 2012, semester 1; 2013 semester 2; Lecturer, including course development. 10-15 students.
- Database Systems (COMP306), 16 credits, 3rd year BSc in CS module, UKZN, 2012, 2013, semester 1; Lecturer, including course development. 25-35 students
- Computing for Natural Scientists (COMP106), 16 credits, semester 2, UKZN 2013; Lecturer. 200 students
- Theory of Computation (COMP314). 16 credits 3rd year undergraduate core module, UKZN, 2nd semester 2011, 2012; Lecturer, including course development. about 70 students
- Top-down Ontology Development. Guest Lecture of the Ontology and Knowledge Based Systems fourth year (honours) course, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa, d.d. 17-18 August 2010.
- Research statistics (part of the Research methods course for postgraduate students), August 2015, 2016 (2 x 5.5h), UCT.
- Representing and reasoning over relationships in ontologies. Forum on AI Research 2014 (FAIR'14), Stellenbosch, South Africa, 3-5 December, 2014. tutorial
- Introduction to ontology engineering, with emphasis on Semantic Web Technologies as part of the Masters Ontology Winter School 2010, 16-30 July, Meraka Institute, South Africa; Lecturer; includes course development and teaching (15+7 hours lectures and labs).
- Introduction to Ontology Engineering: Foundations and applications, 5-15 July 2010, Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas, Cuba; Lecturer; includes course development and teaching (20+10 hours lectures and labs).
- Comprehensive introduction to ontology engineering, 5-16 April 2010, MSc-level,30 hours, Universidad de la Habana, Cuba; Lecturer; includes course development, teaching, and labs.
- Semantic Web Technologies (2009/2010, MSc-level, 4 ECTS; course code 72010, part of the European Masters in Computational Logic), Lecturer. Course websites with the details of the lectures: the first part by Jos de Bruijn and second part by me.
- Logic (2007/2008, BSc-level, 4 ECTS; course code 70014, BSc-level). Exercises and supplementary material.
- Representing and reasoning over a taxonomy of part-whole relations. Mini Ontology Winter School (MOWS 2008), Knowledge System Group, Meraka Institute, 1-11 July 2008, Pretoria, South Africa. A shorter version was presented at the University of South Africa, Pretoria, on August 6, 2008.
- Semantic Web for the Life Sciences. Guest lecture d.d. 23-5-2007 as part of the course 'Semantic Web Technologies' (course code: 70175, MSc-level), Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy.
- Introduction to part-whole relations: mereology, conceptual modelling and mathematical aspects. Tutorial given on 23-10-2006 at the KRDB Research Centre, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy.
- ORM introduction. Seminar given on 27-4-2004 at the Laboratory of Applied Ontology, Trento, and Free University Bolzano/Bozen, Italy.
- Students' theses supervision at all levels
- BSc & MSc exam commission membership (at UKZN, FUB, and EPFL/LBD)